Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Dilema going on here.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dilema going on here.....

    It si crystal here, I primarily use FF anyways.

    I do not do IE, only if my bank or insurance requires it though, cannot stand IE.


    So what is the driver/woofer makeup there you have going on?

    So, do you have 2 604's in each cabinet, with a large format driver on top on the 817 connected to the MR horn?


    What are you running them with, XO?

    Thanks,



    -chris

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Dilema going on here.....

    Pretty cool rig.

    I was running a similar setup for awhile. 604 in a big box, 803 horn for the midrange, 604 horn as the tweeter. It was nice.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jnorv's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    220
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dilema going on here.....

    Chris, it is dual 604 HPLN per 817 cabinet. 288G's on the MR94's. They did not come with xovers so I have a Beringer 3 channel electronic crossover. Xover points at about 500 and 3500 but that changes with my mood. I think you can have too many knobs to adjust but they do sound good. As I have said before, the bass is much better than the JBL 2245's in the bottom of 828's.

    Jim

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member valhallax's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Talking Re: Dilema going on here.....

    well chris..looks like you just need a few more pairs of 604's to fill your cabs, that way you'll just have the 921's to get rid of
    hehehe
    "those sounds to which no definite pitch can be assigned are usually classified as noise"<br />harvey fletcher-1928

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dilema going on here.....

    Quote Originally Posted by valhallax View Post
    well chris..looks like you just need a few more pairs of 604's to fill your cabs, that way you'll just have the 921's to get rid of
    hehehe
    Yeah, but I do not see getting much outta that relative unknown woofer. That would be 6 more 604's.... That would be waaay overkill in the garage.....

    I will try to get these hooked up before though be fore I let them go...who knows I might end up keeping them, but I kinda want the fridges to go....



    -chris

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dilema going on here.....

    Quote Originally Posted by oface1 View Post
    Yeah, but I do not see getting much outta that relative unknown woofer.....
    List them on Ebay, and say "LOOK RARE"........ it's make them worth about 3 times more
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Dilema going on here.....

    Don't go on ebay now if you can wait. It's a bad time of the year to sell. What for March-April, if you can.

    It's a good time to buy, tho.

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Dilema going on here.....


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Dilema going on here.....

    The 921 is more "extended range" than woofer. A development from the 421 as I understand, and about as far as that design could be pushed.

    It's a good PA speaker, but 100-125 has been typical of what I've seen them sell for...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dilema going on here.....

    "List them on Ebay, and say "LOOK RARE"........ it's make them worth about 3 times more"

    I know you are kidding, but I see people doing that to goods all the time. I wouldn't feel right doing so....

    I was thinking if I put anything up it would be after Mach for sure.

    Thanks OG for the price range. I f get the minimum of that for each speaker, I would be very happy.


    Thanks guys....


    -chris

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dilema going on here.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Panomaniac View Post
    Don't go on ebay now if you can wait. It's a bad time of the year to sell. What for March-April, if you can.

    It's a good time to buy, tho.
    I tried selling some non-audio stuff in December and had a poor results. I've been told by at least one seller, that I was buying from, that I should wait until January to list a big item that I had. I've decided that unless it's really out of season, like a snowblower in July, I'm just going to list stuff whenever I'm ready.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28236960 times.